Saturday, April 10, 2010

My My My

I lurked around an interesting conversation on Twitter the other day. People discussed poetry, song lyrics, their similarities, their differences. One thing everyone can agree on is their ability to move us, to push us, and to sometimes echo the emotions thrumming deep at our core. Below are some of my favorite lyrics, written by Rob Thomas.

My My My

The light from the window is fading
You turn on the night
The sound from the avenue's calling you
Open your eyes

And when you find
You're spending your time
Wanting for words
But never speak
You tell yourself
That the things you need come slow
But inside, you just don't know

My, my, my
Let your bright light shine
Let your words live on
Far beyond this life
Beyond this life

Hold on to anything
Everything's over and done
Has the fear taken over you
Tell me
Is that what you want
To make up your life

Time after time
You're falling behind
Hold on to me
Never leave
Forever be what you mean to me right now
Don't you feel better now

My, my, my
Let your bright light shing
Let your words live on
Far beyond this life
Beyond this life

As a writer, the words speak to me. As a person, they echo my heart. Great lyrics, great lines, great writing, great poetry - it always does.

Here the song here.

No comments:

Post a Comment