Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Honest Scrap Award and 10 Things (You Might Hate) About Me

Yesterday I received a wonderful nod from the lovely Anne Riley, who bestowed upon me the Honest Scrap blogging award. The rules for accepting dictate I reveal ten honest things about me. Let's do it.


1. I have an honest to God phobia of stinging insects. When I see/hear one (or think I do), I come dangerously close to having a panic attack, crying, and have been known to strip off my clothes to make sure it's not on me somewhere. It's embarrassing. And my best friend doesn't like to lay out with me at the Lake anymore.


2. I never went on a date until I was nineteen years old, and if memory serves I had to ask HIM out.


3. I operate on a pretty even keel and try and keep drama out of my life. If I get pissed, you should run. I've been known to throw things.


4. I am a movie addict and spend the weekend before the Oscars seeing all the Best Picture nominees I've missed.


5. My best friend and I have been friends since we were seven years old. That's *gulp* twenty-three years now!


6. I have had kidney stones twice. It's not fun. I don't recommend it, so drink plenty of water.


7. I've never had surgery of any kind, or stayed the night in a hospital (except for the kidney stone, but that's a LONG story involving the mixing of illegal/legal substances and morphine. Not a good idea. I'm still glaring at you, Fort Worth hospital.) 


8. I have an aversion to doctors. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I dated too many guys who became doctors. Either way. I need knee surgery on both legs and I chew TUMS like it's my job. I know. I need to suck it up and go.


9. I love going to the dog park with my pups. They have such a good time and I love watching them romp around and play. Even when they are filthy after. Dog people are great, there is always someone to chat with. Confession: I know most of the other dog's names but not any of the owners names!


10. I am addicted to Twitter. It fills the long, boring hours of my workday and has brought me so many wonderful new friends (some in real life!) and an endless list of new authors to try. 


So I'm sure that's MORE than you wanted to know about me! I'm passing the award on to a variety - some writers I love and some hilarity.


The Honest Scrap Award goes to:


My Husband is Annoying
Laurie Devore
Eisley Jacobs
Harley May
Jamey Stegmaier

5 comments:

  1. Sweeet! I get two Honest Scrap awards in one day! This is a good... no GREAT day! I will post soon! :) Thanks #twittersis

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thanks, Trisha! I'm addicted to twitter too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm right with you on Number One! I have the same terror! Congratulations on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the award! Yay for Twitter addictions!

    ReplyDelete